Mr. Santy Fernández, one of Bore Tech’s two founders, is an experienced Construction Project Manager with more than 15 years of telecommunications industry experience managing all phases of construction projects for government and private-sector clients. In doing so, Mr. Fernández has coordinated workforce team and subcontractors. At Bore Tech, Mr. Fernández manages Site Safety / OSHA Compliance, and serves as the firm’s QA/QC Field Manager.
In his role as Bore Tech’s Director of Construction Mr. Fernández:
- Oversees the company’s safety program
- Ensures continuous availability of equipment through steadfast focus on regularly scheduled maintenance and comprehensive safety inspections
- Oversees the planning and implementation of multiple projects
- Organizes and guides project operations throughout the course of the project
- Coordinates site preparation and guides crews to complete jobs on time and to contract specifications.
- Builds, leads and directs project teams to meet project objectives
- Modifies and creates schedules as required
- Provides input into staff performance evaluations and objectives; and
- Works with client departments to coordinate deliverables and content integration
Fernández, a Native of Cuba, “cut his teeth” in the telecom industry to eventually become a Sr. Project Manager for Miami-based infrastructure construction company MasTec (NYSE:MTZ). Mr. Fernández, a seasoned and hands-on construction operator is proficient with heavy equipment such as backhoes, excavators, graders, rollers, aerial buckets, skip loaders, boom trucks, water trucks, dump trucks, stompers, breakers, and sweepers.